This bread takes just minutes to prepare, and is delicious either as it is with a poached egg, or toasted with hummus or avocado. It keeps for up to a week in an air tight container, or slice it and then freeze it for later (if you manage not to eat it all)
- 200g almond meal or ground almonds
- 60g tapioca flour or tapioca starch
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 80ml olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream or coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 30g sunflower seeds, toasted
For the topping
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower seed
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius (315 degrees fahrenheit)
- Line a 22cm x 12cm bread (loaf) tin with baking paper on the bottom, and grease the sides with olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients except the sunflower seeds in a bowl or mixer and stir to combine
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan until golden and then fold into the batter
- Spoon the batter into the bread tin.
- Top with 2 tsp of sesame seeds and 2 tsp of sunflower seeds (not toasted)
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer or fork inserted into the middle of your loaf comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and tip out of the bread tin onto a rack to cool.
- Slice and serve as is or toasted.