Vietnamese cooking is delicious, fresh and full of flavour. This recipe is great either for breakfast or for lunch.
- 100g rice flour
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200ml water
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- pinch of himalayan rock salt
- 3cm ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion or large shallot, finely chopped
- 12 large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 carrot, julienned (finely sliced into sticks)
- 1 cucumber, julienned (finely sliced into sticks)
- large handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- few drops hot sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix flour, coconut milk, turmeric, water, spring onions, chilli, ginger, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add 3 prawns and a few tbsps of egg and stir to scramble the eggs and cook the shrimp.
- Pour a thin layer of batter into the pan and top with a handful of carrot. Cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the lid and cook for 1.5 minutes more.
- Top with pepper, salt, a handful of cucumber, a handful of coriander, and a few drops of hot sesame oil to garnish. When the crepe is crispy remove from the pan and fold in half.
- Cook the remaining crepes according to the above instructions one by one.
- Serve with a little salad leaves for breakfast or lunch.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Future Islands – Singles