Lunch does not have to be boring, but it also does not have to take an hour to cook. This pumpkin and zucchini omelette is sweet and delicious, but won’t take you all morning to prepare. We paired it with lamb tenderloins and a salad of spinach leaves to complete the meal.
- 3 eggs
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp dried herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 100 gr pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large Zucchini (courgette), cut into small cubes
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Large handful baby spinach
- Splash of good quality red wine vinegar
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 x 250 gr lamb tenderloin
- Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, dried herbs and coconut milk. Set aside.
- Chop up the pumpkin, onion, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a oven proof frying pan and fry the chopped vegetables for a few minutes until they are getting soft.
- Add the egg mixture and cook until it starts to set.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated oven and grill for around 5 minutes or until the top start to brown.
- Take the pan from the oven and let cool off a little.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and sprinkle with olive oil
- Season the lamb and fry for 2 minutes on both side for medium – rare. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve with the omelette
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Gregory Isaacs – Night Nurse