We love Thai food and this green mango salad is a simplified version that is made sugar and soy free through the use of maple syrup and coconut aminos. It is great served with a Thai Green Chicken Curry or a Thai Pumpkin and Mushroom Curry.
- Coconut oil
- 5 red shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cm fresh galangal, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped (deseeded when using a hot chilli)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1,5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- Splash of water
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 raw green mango, peeled and cut into thin strips of 3 cm long
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly copped
- Few Thai basil leaves
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped and with the middle stem of the leaf removed
- Fry the shallots, garlic, galangal and chilli in a little coconut oil for about three minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos, maple syrup, water and lime juice and give it a stir.
- Take the pan of the heat and add the mango, coriander, basil and kaffir lime.
- Mix well and serve with grilled salmon, Thai Green Chicken Curry or a Thai Pumpkin and Mushroom Curry.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Midlake – Antiphon