Sometimes you really don’t feel like cooking, but that doesn’t mean that you want to eat boring. Or at least we don’t. We had a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer, enough in the fridge to make a salad, and sweet potatoes.
The garlic, chilli oil that the prawns are cooked in takes a fragrance from the chilli and garlic, but does not become spicy. Using large sized chillies also makes sure that it is not hot from the chilli either.
- 20-25 large prawns, shelled, de-veined, but with tails still on
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large red chillies, cut into small rounds
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the garlic and fry until they start to brown
- Add the chilli and fry for a couple of minutes more.
- Scoop out the garlic and discard it. Add the prawns to the pan.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
- Fry the prawns until they have changed colour from grey to red, and have started to gain a golden colour.
- Add the coriander to the pan and stir quickly before removing the pan from the oven.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Makes a good meat dish alongside a meal salad and sweet potato chips
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Neil Young, Promise of the Real – A Rock Star Bucks a Coffee Shop