An easy to prepare side dish, that goes well with Lebanese Lamb burgers and sweet potato fries with aioli to create a meal. Pine nuts are available in most supermarkets these days, try the nuts aisle or a middle eastern goods section.
- Handful of pine nuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- 500 gr spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- First toast the pine nuts in 1 tsp of coconut oil with a good pinch of sea salt.
- When the pine nuts are ready, set them aside and wash the spinach.
- Transfer the spinach to a large pan and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes until done.
- Drain the spinach but do not squeeze it.
- Heat 3 tbsp of coconut oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic until they turn brown.
- Discard the garlic
- Add the cooked spinach. Fry for about two minutes, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Woods – With light and love