Mayonnaise is something I though that we had left behind when we changed our diet, but it does not need to be the case. Mayonnaise (of which Aioli is a variation) is a simple mix of eggs and oil. This Garlic Aioli recipe is delicious with sweet potato fries or used as a spread.
- 3 garlic cloves (less if you like it less garlicky)
- 1 large egg (preferably organic)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml olive oil
- Place the garlic, egg, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper in a blender
- Blend all of the ingredients, starting on a slow speed while you add the olive oil to avoid spattering it all around your .kitchen
- Add the olive oil while the blender is running in a slow stream. You will need to leave off the cap of the blender in order to be able to do this while the blender is running.
- Put the cap back on the blender and turn up the speed. Blend the aioli until it has formed into thick emulsion.
- Serve the sweet potato fries, with the Garlic Aioli.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Jose Gonzalez – Vestiges and Claws