This is a delicious sauce with a lot of flavour. It suits being paired with big flavored meats such as duck or pork, but my son also likes to eat it with his sweet potato fries and dip his broccoli into it.
- Juice of 1 large orange
- pulp of 2 large passionfruit (or 3 smaller ones)
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- few thyme sprigs
- ghee or coconut oil
- Fry onion for a few minutes in coconut oil or ghee.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add orange, passionfruit, honey and balsamic vinegar. Cook until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan. Add thyme and stir.
- Serve the orange and passionfruit sauce on duck breasts, or with pork tenderloins.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Elbow – The Take Off and Landing of Everything