This salsa is sweet with a spicy bite. Delicious with sweet potato cakes, or as a topping for chicken, pork or white fish such as barramundi or cod.
- 1 ripe mango, cut into small pieces
- pulp of 2 large passionfruit (or 3 small passionfruit)
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Put all of the ingredients except the coriander in a bowl and stir well to mix. Don’t blend it, you want it chunky.
- Put in the refridgerator for 30-60 minutes. This allows the flavours to intensify.
- Top with the fresh coriander to serve
- While this recipe will start to intensify after an hour, leaving it overnight is even better. We often make enough for a second dish and leave it covered in the fridge for up to a week (the vinegar will preserve the fruit).
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Intergalactic lovers – Little Heavy Burdens