One of the joys of living in Singapore is the perpetual summer, and the abundance of tropical fruits. This juice was the perfect accompaniment to browsing through a Singapore guidebook to find our weekend excursion destination.
- 3 carrots (whole, unpeeled, washed)
- 1 guava (whole, unpeeled, washed)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 lime (whole, washed)
- 2 red apples (whole, unpeeled, washed)
- Centrifugal or slow juicer machine
- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Cut off the tough exterior, and cut the pineapple into quarters so that it fits into the juicer tube.
- Wash the skins of the other fruits, and cut them only if required to fit into your juicer tube.
- For a centrifugal juicer, turn the juicer to speed 1 (slowest speed). Juice the pineapple, apples and guava.
- Turn the juicer up to speed 2 (fastest speed). Juice the carrots and lime.
- Turn off the juicer. Stir the juice to combine the fruits.
- Serve over ice straight after juicing. Including the lime ensures that the apples will not turn brown quickly, so it will keep for a few hours if you prefer, but it never lasts that long in our house.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Gregory Isaacs – Night Nurse