These Lemon Cupcakes have a strong lemony flavour, and don’t need any sweetening. They are gluten, dairy, and sugar free and I am struggling not to eat all of them before they cool off!
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- juice and rind of a lemon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sweet potato flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add eggs and ghee and mix well
- Add the rind of 2 lemons, the juice of 2 lemons, and the seeds of 1 vanilla bean, mix well
- Add the baking soda and salt and stir gently into the mixture. It should rise as the baking soda activates.
- Add the coconut and sweet potato flour and stir gently to combine into the mixture.
- Cook in the hot oven for 35 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean when pricked into the cupcake.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Wild Beasts – Present Tense