Hummus is a favourite spread for my son, and we have been trying some variations of the recipe (which is originally made with chickpeas) to create some new spreads. It is a great way of sneaking a few extra vegetables onto his plate that he wouldn’t normally eat.
- 1 large parsnip, boiled until soft
- 5 purple carrots, boiled until soft
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender including 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- You may need to add some more olive oil to get to a thick, but spreadable consistency (about the same consistency as smooth peanut butter).
- Remove from the blender and place in a bowl to serve. Sprinkle with a little olive oil to serve if you like.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Anika Moa – Thinking Room