There is nothing that says “Middle Eastern food” like pomegranate and tahini. This avocado tahini dip is given a very fresh flavour with the addition of pomegranate seeds which are both stirred through it and used as a garnish. While the pomegranate gives it a delicious flavour, you can also leave them out for a more simple avocado tahini dressing if you prefer.
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red chili, de-seeded
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- handful of fresh mint
- handful of fresh coriander
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful of pomegranate seeds to garnish
- sumac to garnish (optional)
- Put the avocado, garlic, tahini, lime juice, cumin powder, chili, red onion, mint, coriander, sea salt, pepper and olive oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- The dip should be on the thick side, so be careful not to add too much olive oil.
- Stir through a handful of pomegranate seeds so that they are found throughout the dip.
- Garnish with a little sumac (optional)
- Serve together with sweet potato fries, with Lebanese lamb burgers, or on pan fried fish.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Tiny Ruins – Brightly Painted One