Living in a hot climate we eat a lot of salads, and are always looking for new ideas to keep the meal interesting. This one combines chicken marinated in Lebanese Seven Spice Mix with a honey mustard dressing. You can make your own mustard at home or use store bought wholegrain mustard.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Lebanese 7 spice powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 150g baby spinach leaves (or other lettuce leaves)
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into chunks of 1cm
- 5 radishes, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1/2 a pomegranate, seeds removed
- optional – you could also add some feta cheese
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 cm strips. Place in a bowl
- Add the Lebanese seven spice powder and 1 Tbsp olive oil to the chicken. Sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine as a marinade.
- Pan fry the chicken over a moderate heat until it begins to turn golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Wash the baby spinach leaves (or lettuce), and place the spinach, cucumber, and radish in a serving bowl.
- To make the honey mustard dressing, place the honey, mustard, olive oil, white wine vinegar, a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper into a glass or jar. Stir well to combine (or shake to combine in a jar).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss the salad to coat all leaves.
- Spread the chicken over the top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds (and feta if you are using it)
- Serve the salad as a light meal for 2 people
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Peter Bjorn and John – Gimme Some