The basil mint sauce has a pesto like consistency and is delicious on lamb, or with sweet potato chips. It avoids the Parmesan cheese of traditional pesto, but is still very tasty.
- 500 gr lamb tenderloin
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- 4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- To make the sauce, put the mint, basil, lime, garlic, olive oil in a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Fry the tenderloins in a large frying pan to your liking.
- Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes before serving with the basil and mint sauce.
Makes an easy diner with sweet potato chips and a quick salad.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: French for Rabbits – Spirits