The summer has well and truly heated up in Singapore! We are sitting in 35 degrees and high humidity. While I am not usually big on deserts, this evening we went out to dinner for sushi and my son was looking longingly at the ice-creams at the back of the menu. Matcha Green Tea and Chocolate ice-creams. One he won’t end up eating (but liked the idea of) and the other one I wasn’t so keen on him eating.
So I decided to make our own ice-cream instead. I had put some bananas in the freezer to try out making my own dairy free ice-cream a couple of days ago, so whipping this up was pretty quick. I have to say, that with these ingredients, I won’t be so worried about skipping desert to be healthy anymore 🙂
- 2 bananas
- 50g frozen raspberries or other fruit of your choice
- 10 pistachios, finely chopped
- Place 2 ripe bananas in the freezer over night (or longer if you like)
- Carefully peel the bananas using a sharp knife
- Slice the bananas into 0.5cm wide slices with a sharp knife
- Place the bananas and frozen fruit into a food processor with the metal knife blade (you could also use a blender, but it is a bit trickier to get it evenly blended without melting)
- Pulse the fruit several times until it has broken up into small grains of fruit.
- Turn the foodprocessor dial onto a medium setting to churn the frozen fruit into a creamy texture. You will need to stop it quite a few times and wipe the mixture down the side of the bowl in order to get an even texture.
- Watch it closely and stop it as soon as it has turned into an evenly blended ice-cream.
- Serve immediately topped with finely chopped pistachios to garnish
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Hozier – Hozier (Deluxe)