This is a super simple juice that is naturally approved by our little Juice Master Liam. Watermelon has a lot of juice in it, and very little fibre, so it lends itself better to the blender than the juicer. The pineapple on the other hand is easier to juice as you don’t have to do as much preparation work on making sure you get rid of all of the hard skin. You can just roughly peel it and let the juicer do the rest.
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1/4 of a large watermelon
- Cut the top and the bottom off the pineapple. Cut the harder outside off the sides of the pineapple. Cut the pineapple into quarters so that it fits into your juicer tube. Don’t worry if there are a few spikes left on the pineapple here and there, the juicer will get rid of them anyway when it takes over.
- Cut watermelon into pieces that are easy enough to cut the hard outside off them. Chop the watermelon into pieces roughly 2cm square.
- If you are using a centrifugal juicer, then put it onto the slow speed. Pineapple has a lot of liquid to it and you will get more juice out of it on a slower speed. Juice the Pineapple.
- Place the pineapple juice into the blender. Add all of the pieces of Watermelon. Blender on a high speed for about 1 minute until the watermelon is totally blended to a juice.
- Serve over ice
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: French for Rabbits – Spirits