We have been buying healthy snack bars to take with us on the occasions that we are out an about and want to have a snack with us. But they are very expensive, so I took a look at the ingredient list of some wholefood ones we liked, and tried to recreate something similar. These are really easy to make and delicious!
- 1/2 a cup pitted plums (check the ingredients list to make sure you are not getting a lot of additives)
- 1/2 a cup dried figs
- 1/2 a cup almonds
- A little olive oil or coconut oil for greasing
- Place the almonds in a food processor, and using the metal knife blade blend them until the almonds have broken into small chunks. This will take about a minute.
- Add the plums and figs to the food processor and blend until the mixture starts to turn into a ball.
- Grease a metal sheet (I used the based of a cake tin) with a little olive or coconut oil
- Place the mixture onto the metal sheet, and using your hands shape it out into a roughly square / rectangular shape so that you are able to cut it into bars. Make sure you press the mixture together really firmly.
- Cut the mixture into bars shapes and remove from the metal sheet (you might need to use a knife to do this)
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or pantry
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Calexico – Edge of the Sun