Sunday morning isn’t complete in our house without pancakes for breakfast, so when we decided to go Gluten and Dairy Free this was my first cooking challenge – how to create a terrific pancakes recipe so that we didn’t miss out on our Sunday morning family ritual. This one certainly works a treat and has become a firm family favorite!
- 250ml sweet potato flour
- 250ml rice flour
- 1 x 200ml packet of coconut milk
- 2-3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil to cook.
- Measure the sweet potato and rice flours out into a bowl.
- Blend the coconut milk and bananas together in a blender
- Add the eggs, and coconut milk mixture to the flour
- Stir well. Add a little water (about 50ml) to the mixture to get a runny batter consistency
- Cook in a well heated pan with a little (few drops) of coconut oil
- Serve with freshly cut fruit or any other topping for a delicious breakfast treat for the whole family.
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Jack Johnson – Banana Pancakes