These are delicious muffins that are perfect for a snack or for breakfast. The combination of figs and cranberries makes them both rich and sweet.
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- seeds of half a vanilla bean
- 1/2 Tbsp grated (desiccated) coconut
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 5 dried figs, chopped into pieces
- handful of chopped cashew nuts
- handful frozen or dried cranberries
- Pre-warm the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add eggs and ghee and mix well.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Mix
- Add grated coconut, mix.
- Add coconut flour and mix well
- Add the figs and cashews and stir through.
- Half fill the muffin cups with batter, and add some cranberries before filling the cups
- Sprinkle with a little coconut on top for garnishing
- Cook at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 20-25 minutes
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Beck – Morning Phase