Living in Asia is a great way to learn about the tea cultures that exist around the region. This is a simplified version of the Chinese Eight Treasures tea, and substitutes the rock sugar for honey to give it a lovely mellow taste that avoids processed sugars.
- 1 Tbsp Chrysanthemum
- 1 Tbsp green tea leaves (or 1 tea bag)
- 1 Tbsp goji berries
- 2 dried plums
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- Place all of the ingredients into a tea pot with a wire mesh barrier in it to hold the ingredients when you pour the tea (alternatively you can strain the tea from the tea pot with a strainer when you pour it).
- Pour over hot water, preferably at 80 degrees Celsius (170 degrees Fahrenheit), or boil the water and let it cool a little first.
- Let the tea steep for at least 10 minutes before you drink it.
- Strain the tea into a glass or cup and enjoy
Music to go with it…
Listen on Spotify: Atlas – Real Estate